Wednesday, February 6, 2013

'Cause We're the Three Best Friends That Anybody Could Have

TV has given us a lot; so much so that it has shaped our culture.  But I think even more importantly than that, TV has taught me just exactly who I would choose as my top three bestest buds if I could hand pick them.  So, here we go.

 Number One: Leslie Knope

This is an obvious winner.  Leslie Knope defines best friend to me.  She is the epitome of a good person.  Everything she does, she does because she cares.  It sounds cheesy but my God is it true.  I love that deep down to the very core of her, she is just a genuinely good person.  She loves her job more than anything.  A job that everyone else hates, or refuses to take seriously, or uses as the butt of every good joke, Leslie Knope cares about and works hard at.  She does what is best for everyone, she never thinks about herself first or second or even third.  I love everything that Ms. Knope stands for and I love her even more as my best TV friend.

Number Two: Nolan Whatever-the-Heck

Oh Nolan, you sassy gay man.  I freaking love him.  He wins spot numero dos on the good ol' friends list due to loyalty.  Never have I ever seen such blind loyalty.  Nolan has no problem putting himself in danger, spending his millions of dollars, or losing everything he has if it means doing the better thing for his friends.  I admire his ability to be a complete and total hero to his friends and I would kill for that kind of compassion from bestie number two.

Number Three: Brooke Davis

WELL I MEAN IS ANYONE SURPRISED.  The fact that she is mother freaking beautiful is one thing.  Sorry, girl crush.  Especially season 4. BUT I DIGRESS...no one messes with a mad B.Davis.  She stands up for the people she loves and she does it with class (and pure evil of course).  Brooke has zero issue with getting her hands dirty if it means protecting her friends.  I would give anything to have a friend keep me feeling safe and sound like she does, and it doesn't hurt to have them look nothing less than fabulous while doing it.



My TV friends are awesome.  How're yours?
 
Best of luck,
K. 

No comments:

Post a Comment